Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rifle Road and Hilda Feeders

Jan 17, 3:00 pm

After working indoors all day, I finally decided to venture out to Hilda to see if any waxwings or winter finches were about.

Going down Rifle Road, I saw a woman out photographing something at the side of the road. It has to be Bohemian Waxwings. I pulled up nearby and saw quite a large group of perhaps 50, flitting about in the tops of trees, 100 m from the road. After a bit, I noticed one individual that was perched much closer.

I carried on to Hilda, where I interrupted a deer at the feeding station. Besides Chickadees, there wasn't a lot happening - a single American Tree Sparrow, two White-breasted Nuthatches, a group of Mourning Doves on the ground, and a Hairy Woodpecker. No Blue Jays or Northern Cardinals! And especially, no Redpolls.



I did a walk around the block without seeing anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment