Thursday, August 11, 2011

Limerick Forest Scouting Trip

August 3, 2011  11:00 am onwards

Kevin Eastman produced maps with the proposed hiking and biking routes for the Crazy Canuck Adventure Challenge on Oct1.  To see what things were like, and to mark waypoint, I made a visit to the area on Aug 3 bringing Boots and Bagel with me.

The dogs enjoyed the day, but precluded the opportunity to see many marsh birds when they were afield.  However, I did see a Pied-billed Grebe at the Limerick Road bridge, and a whole family of American Kestrels on the wires near Bishop's Mills.  There were also numerous Barn Swallows on the wires.  I was pretty sure I saw an Eastern Meadowlark or two, but as soon as I pulled the car over, they took off - the downside of birding alone.






No comments:

Post a Comment