Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ottawa River and Mud Lake

Nov 1, 2012  9 am

I headed over to Andrew Haydon Park to try and link up with Jane and Connie, but they had gone elsewhere.  I scoped the river and saw a mixed flock of Black and White-winged or Surf Scoters in the distance.

I drove next to Britannia Pier where I saw another raft of Black Scoters and a Common Loon very close in complete winter plumage.  Three Red-breasted Margansers were cruising the beach area.



My next stop was by the filtration plant where I saw a Great Black-backed Gull, a bunch of Common Goldeneyes and a Double-crested Cormorant.

At Mud Lake, there were many Wood Ducks, including some young ones. I also saw three American Wigeons and a Great Blue Heron. On the ridge, I spotted a White-throated Sparrow and some Black-capped Chickadees. Back on the road I saw a Downy Woodpecker.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment