Monday, June 15, 2009

Embrun Sewage Lagoons

Wednesday, June 3, 2:00 pm
This was a solo trip after completing some chores downtown to check out some recent exciting reports.
At first I did not see a lot, except for a couple of Northern Shovellers and a distant pair of Blue-winged Teal.
Then I noticed quite a few shorebirds tight to the bank under my feet. They were mostly Semi-palmated Sandpipers with few Dunlin in breeding plumage. There were several Ruddy Ducks in the second cell back, and a mother Wood Duck with 9 ducklings.
There was another birder/photographer, unknown to me, making his way around the cell furthest east. I told him of my sandpipers and he pointed out a Wilson’s Phalarope close by in the far corner. There was no sign of any Red-necked Phalaropes.

No comments:

Post a Comment