Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rural Dunrobin

May 11, 2012 -  9:00 am

I started the day by hearing an Ovenbird in our back yard - a first!

I drove straight to Dunrobin Road, then down Riddell to Sixth Line.  I stopped to listen to the Chorus Frogs again, then proceeded to Berry Side Road.  I saw an Eastern Bluebird, but it took off and did not return.  In the field to the west were three Turkey Vultures on the ground.  I carried down Berry towards the lake, stopping to view the Osprey nest, which had both parents there. 

I returned to Fifth Line ad stopped when I saw another Eastern Bluebird.  This one was more cooperative.  Further along, Tree Swallows were occupying a bluebird box.

I turned on Thomas Dolan Parkway, and stopped at Constance Creek.  There was nothing significant here, although I tried the tape.  I carried on to the Carp Ridge to try for Eastern Towhee, but I was not successful.  I tried a few places on both sides of the road, but all I could find was a Swamp Sparrow.

Bird List

  1. Ovenbird
  2. Eastern Bluebird
  3. Tree Swallow
  4. European Starling
  5. Red-winged Blackbird
  6. Turkey Vulture
  7. Killdeer
  8. American Robin
  9. Great Blue Heron
  10. Yellow Warbler
  11. Swamp Sparrow
  12. Osprey
  13. Wood Duck
  14. Kingfisher






No comments:

Post a Comment