Monday, May 20, 2019

Twin Elm Road and Richmond Conservation Area

May 20, 2019

With Barbara tied up, I headed out on my own on this fine day.  There was a lot of singing on Twin Elm Road, but, without my excellent spotter, I had trouble seeing them. First there was an agreeable phoebe - no wait, listen to the song, it's an Eastern Wood Pewee!


Next I had a Red-eyed Vireo, that just kept hanging around.


Finally I had a Least Flycatcher in poor light.  But the che-bek song was unmistakable.


I headed over to the Richmond Conservation area.  After checking out the ponds, I headed to the back to the Rideau Trail side trail.  On the way, I saw a Baltimore Oriole and Scarlet Tanager.



The warbler count was low, but then I saw a Yellow, Chestnut-sided and Yellow-rumped.




Finally, for fun, I photographed this Red-winged Blackbird.


No comments:

Post a Comment